So I committed to doing a Smokstik show on December 3, 2015. 2 weeks from today. It’s been quite a while since I’ve done an actual set of Smokstik stuff. I’m scared and excited. Reluctant and energized. Let’s let positivity win out!
So now for my list of stuff that I will want to have taken care of 14 days from now. I’m thinking “when I’m getting ready to play the show what will I be glad that I took the time and energy to do in the weeks before?”. Well- here we go…
Setlist for show FB Event for show Songs available for drummer Header for FB page Handbill flyers
- Spend as much time as necessary tightening up the set. At least 8 hours a day of practicing and rehearsal for 13 days.
- Put rig back together. Obtain whatever other components are necessary to make it work.
Fix 4×12 cabinet Get preamp situation sorted
- Make sure all the cables are good
Advocate for some new strings from Mark Warr
- Put in some new muting stuff
Make sure that pedals are working right
- Get ready to be able to shoot video from multiple angles with phones, tablets, cameras, etc.
- Get camera stands and/or accessories if necessary
- Make sure that memory is sufficient to get whole show
- Document behind the scenes, before and after show, etc.
- Shoot video and document time preparing for show
- Make some intro and segue audio for show
- Consider other stage/show gimmickry
- Stick with workout and do HIIT on offdays to cut a little more
- Put together a cool outfit for show
- Get a good audio recording as well. Use Rad’s Zoom recorder for a good stereo room recording
- Integrate electronics into drum parts where possible
- T-shirts? Smoky imagery?
Design for t-shirts
- Post a vid for each tune on YouTube each day to count down.
SUCK HER DRY
(set time 45 minutes)
Finish mixing The 500 Song and get it out there!!!